EA & Wii Active: The Up and Coming Software Giant
January 30, 2011 by Answer Provider
The titans of the software development industry are about to engage in a competitive battle with the makers behind Nintendo’s Wii Fit technology. Last May 19, 2009, a new software called the Wii Active infiltrated the market. This will be placed directly to compete with Nintendo’s Wii Fit. EA’s Wii Active Life aims to target women who want to participate in a variety of exercise games without having to leave their own home. Several people think this new product will upstage Wii Fit for a number of reasons:
1. The asking price will be $30 less than Wii Fit’s current asking price of $90.
2. There are no balance boards included in the exercise program. Sometimes, these things can pose as a hindrance for the person doing the entire workout routine simply because they worry half the time about not falling from the small platform.
3. Instead of the balance boards, power bands and nunchuk pockets are the two main accessories for the entire program.
4. There are more than 20 exercises and motivational challenges to start with.
5. Trainers in the program were patterned after some of the biggest star’s trainers to make the entire regimen more believable.
Many of its expert critiques believe that if EA can figure out a way to accurately judge Body Fat in percentage form, Wii Fit could have a real contender and competition on its hands. Right now, it looks like the first model still needs a number of adjustments. Nonetheless, it has great potential to soar ahead of the Wii Fit.
In fact, if you want to have real fun and keep fit all at the same time, then you really need to take part in the Wii Active Life Outdoor Challenge!